Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Zoho all about?
- Who is behind Zoho?
- What is the main advantage of using Zoho?
- How do I get started?
- Is my data secure?
- Once I signup is my company or personal information secure?
- How much does Zoho cost?
- Do I still need Microsoft Office?
- Is Zoho available on my mobile device?
- Does Zoho support multiple languages?
1. What is Zoho all about? Zoho is a suite of online applications (services) that you sign up for and access from our Website. The applications are free for individuals and some have a subscription fee for organizations. Our vision is to provide our customers (individuals, students, educators, non-profits, small and medium sized businesses) with the most comprehensive set of applications available anywhere (breadth); and for those applications to have enough features (depth) to make your user experience worthwhile.
2. Who is behind Zoho? Zoho is a division of ZOHO Corporation A US-based company that has been creating and selling cutting edge software solutions since 1996. The company has tens of thousands of customers worldwide, is privately held and profitable.
3. What is the main advantage of using Zoho? Zoho is bringing together a wide range of online applications making it easier for individuals and businesses to manage all their work while dramatically reducing the cost. But being more productive and saving money is just the beginning of using Zoho. As we continue to integrate the various Zoho services and innovate on new ways of getting things done, we hope that you will find working online not only more rewarding, more collaborative, but more enjoyable. While using Zoho your documents and data are securely stored online on our servers and can be accessed from anywhere. This means as long as you have Internet access you can access your Zoho data from any computer and enjoy a productive and convenient working experience wherever you go without the hassle of bringing your computer with you. In addition, Zoho helps people collaborate on projects and share information with a simple mouse click. For example, in Zoho Writer, there are several ways to share documents in private, make them public or even perform collaborative editing in real time. Zoho also offers a very economical approach to getting your work done. While we offer free editions of all our applications, businesses also have access to our business editions at extremely competitive rates.
5. Is my data secured? Many people ask us this question. And rightly so; Zoho has invested a lot of time and money to ensure that your information is secure and private. We offer security on multiple levels including the physical, software and people/process levels; In fact your data is more secure than walking around with it on a laptop or even on your corporate desktops.
Physical: Zoho servers and infrastructure are in USA. Zoho sues the most secure types of data centers that have multiple levels of restrictions for access including: on-premise security guards, security cameras, biometric limited access systems, and no signage to indicate where the buildings are, bullet proof glass, earthquake ratings, etc.
Hardware: Zoho employs state of the art firewall protection on multiple levels eliminating the possibility of intrusion from outside attacks
Logical/software protection: Zoho deploys anti-virus software and scans all access 24 x7 for suspicious traffic and viruses or even inside attacks; All of this is managed and logged for auditing purposes.
Process: Very few Zoho staff have access to either the physical or logical levels of our infrastructure. Your data is therefore secure from inside access; Zoho performs regular vulnerability testing and is constantly enhancing its security at all levels. All data is backed up on multiple servers in multiple locations on a daily basis. This means that in the worst case, if one data center was compromised, your data could be restored from other locations with minimal disruption. Zoho added even more security; for example, you can now select a “data encryption” option to encrypt access to your data, so that in the unlikely event of your own computer getting hacked while using Zoho, your documents could be securely encrypted and inaccessible without a “certificate” which generally resides on the server away from your computer.
7. How much does Zoho cost? Zoho offers free versions of all its software including our business oriented applications such as CRM and Projects. You can always change your edition from free to Paid and back to free.
The Zoho CRM installation and your data is the same. Only the functional capability of Zoho changes by the edition. So changing edition wont require you to sign-up again and it wont effect your data.
To check our paid editions please follow this instruction (No Credit card needed).
This excel (click to download) explains the differences between the different versions.
Contact us today and we can help you choose the Edition that fits your business needs the most.
8. Do I still need Microsoft Office? We like to tell people that it is entirely up to you. While we encourage everyone to work online; sometimes you need offline access or simply cannot work without your usual office tools. Zoho enables the best of both worlds since Zoho Writer, Sheet and Show support all the office formats including .doc, .xls and .ppt you can use both. While working with Zoho online you can take advantage of online collaboration with others and the mobility Zoho provides; while working offline, you can still use your MS Office tools. The good news is, we also have a plug-in (a small application you download from our site), that lets you create, edit and save your documents & spreadsheets directly to Zoho Writer/Sheet from within Microsoft Word/Excel. We also support “offline” mode in Zoho Writer so that you can work in your browser even when you are not connected to the Internet and later synch up with your online version when you are back online.
9. Is Zoho available on my mobile device? Yes, we currently support web access to Mail, Calendar, Writer, Sheet, Show and Creator through our mobile website (http://mobile.zoho.com/) on iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Nokia (S60 platform) devices. Refer this link for more details.